Nov 13, 2012, 4:46 PM EST
William & Mary and Delaware put together impressive mid-game runs as the CAA went 2-0 in non-conference action on Monday night.
The Tribe is off to a 2-0 start for the first time since 2004-05 after rallying past Liberty 71-59 on the road. W&M trailed the Flames by 15 at halftime, but went on a 32-5 run over the opening 12:34 of the second half to take control. Junior guard Brandon Britt made 6-of-8 from the floor and scored a team-high 21 points and junior forward Tim Rusthoven tallied 15 points despite battling foul trouble. W&M also got a strong effort off the bench from freshman Terry Tarpey, who had 14 points, a team-high eight rebounds and three steals. The Tribe continues its Big South road swing at High Point on Saturday.
Delaware advanced to the second round of the NIT Season Tip-Off with an 84-69 win over Penn in Charlottesville, Va. The Blue Hens trailed 31-30 late in the first half when they took off on a 32-7 run. Junior guard Devon Saddler filled the stat sheet with a team-high 19 points, eight rebounds, four assists and three steals, while senior forward Josh Brinkley nearly had a double-double with 15 points and nine boards. Freshman guard Terrell Rogers gave UD a lift off the bench for the second straight game with 14 points. The Hens face host Virginia tonight and can advance to the semifinals at Madison Square Garden with a victory.
Along with the UD/Virginia matchup, there are four other road games on the Tuesday slate. George Mason visits Bucknell, Northeastern travels to Princeton and UNCW is at Richmond. Georgia State takes on BYU in the first round of the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic in Provo, Utah.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Men's Basketball Weekly Honors - Nov. 13
- Opening Weekend For CAA Men's Basketball
- Plenty Of Options To Watch CAA Men's Basketball
- Hofstra's Gustys Named To Karl Malone Watch List
- CAA Men's Basketball Media Day Teleconference
- CofC Favored To Win CAA Men's Basketball Title
- Watch Men's Basketball Media Day Show
- #CAAHoops Digital Media Days Set For Oct. 18-19
- Elon Releases Non-Conference Schedule
- Northeastern Releases Non-Conference Schedule