Nov 14, 2012, 5:09 PM EST
Northeastern is off to a 2-0 start for the second time in three seasons after rallying for a 67-66 victory at Princeton on Tuesday night. It was the second straight last-second win for the Huskies, who edged rival Boston University 65-64 in their opener on Nov. 9 as Demetrius Pollard drained a three-pointer at the buzzer. What’s even more impressive is that Northeastern erased double-digit deficits in both contests.
On Tuesday, the Huskies trailed Princeton by 18 with 13 minutes remaining before closing the game on a 29-10 run. NU took its only lead when sophomore forward Reggie Spencer made a game-winning layup with just two seconds on the clock. Spencer turned in his second consecutive strong performance with 16 points, five rebounds, three assists and two blocks.
However, the star of the night for NU was sophomore forward Quincy Ford, who poured in a career-high 27 points and grabbed a team-best eight rebounds. The 2012 CAA All-Rookie selection was 8-of-13 from the floor, including a blistering 5-of-6 from three-point range.
Freshman Zach Stahl added a career-high eight points for NU and provided the assist on Spencer’s game-winning bucket.
The Huskies return home to face New England rival Vermont on Saturday. More late-game heroics could be in store as Northeastern defeated the Catamounts in thrilling fashion last year when Joel Smith connected on a runner from the right wing at the buzzer to lift NU to a 53-51 win.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
- CAA Men's Basketball Weekly Awards - Dec. 10
- CAA Men's Basketball Weekly Awards - Dec. 3
- Four CAA Men's Basketball Players Among Candidates For Senior CLASS Award
- CAA Men's Basketball Weekly Awards - Nov. 26
- CAA Men's Basketball Weekly Awards - Nov. 19
- CAA Men's Basketball Weekly Awards - Nov. 12
- CAA Men's Basketball Gets Underway On Tuesday
- W&M's Knight Selected To Abdul-Jabbar Watch List
- UNCW's Cacok Chosen To Malone Award Watch List
- Northeastern Favored To Win CAA Men's Basketball Championship