Nov 29, 2012, 5:07 PM EST
Delaware senior center Jamelle Hagins grabbed a career-high 23 rebounds in the Blue Hens’ 63-60 setback at Lafayette on Wednesday night. The 23 rebounds is the most by any Division I player this season and is tied for the fourth-highest single-game total in CAA history.
The last time a CAA player had that many rebounds in a game was February 26, 2001 when ODU’s Clifton Jones snagged 23 caroms against UNCW. The CAA record for rebounds in a game is 26, set by William & Mary’s David Cully vs. VMI on January 17, 1996.
Hagins, who leads the CAA and ranks in the top five nationally with 13.8 rpg, became just the fifth player in Delaware history to go over the 800-rebound mark for his career (819) on Wednesday. He also scored 18 points against Lafayette to record the 25th double-double of his career.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Men's Basketball Weekly Honors - Nov. 13
- Opening Weekend For CAA Men's Basketball
- Plenty Of Options To Watch CAA Men's Basketball
- Hofstra's Gustys Named To Karl Malone Watch List
- CAA Men's Basketball Media Day Teleconference
- CofC Favored To Win CAA Men's Basketball Title
- Watch Men's Basketball Media Day Show
- #CAAHoops Digital Media Days Set For Oct. 18-19
- Elon Releases Non-Conference Schedule
- Northeastern Releases Non-Conference Schedule