Nov 29, 2012, 5:07 PM EDT
Delaware senior center Jamelle Hagins grabbed a career-high 23 rebounds in the Blue Hens’ 63-60 setback at Lafayette on Wednesday night. The 23 rebounds is the most by any Division I player this season and is tied for the fourth-highest single-game total in CAA history.
The last time a CAA player had that many rebounds in a game was February 26, 2001 when ODU’s Clifton Jones snagged 23 caroms against UNCW. The CAA record for rebounds in a game is 26, set by William & Mary’s David Cully vs. VMI on January 17, 1996.
Hagins, who leads the CAA and ranks in the top five nationally with 13.8 rpg, became just the fifth player in Delaware history to go over the 800-rebound mark for his career (819) on Wednesday. He also scored 18 points against Lafayette to record the 25th double-double of his career.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Charleston Falls 62-58 To Auburn In NCAA Tourney
- Men's #CAAHoops Weekly - NCAA Tourney Preview
- Ten CAA Players Named To NABC All-District Team
- Seibring Earns Academic All-America Honors
- Charleston Draws Auburn In NCAA First Round
- A look back at Charleston's Run In #CAAChamps
- Men's #CAAHoops Weekly - Championship Recap
- Charleston Captures First CAA Championship
- Men's #CAAHoops Weekly - Championship Preview
- Strong Defensive Effort Sends NU Into Title Game