Mar 20, 2013, 2:57 PM EDT
We found this from the famed JMU Band at our #CAAHoops Championship game. Are you wearing purple yet?
Also, the Associated Press’ Rusty Miller previews tonight’s First Round matchup between the James Madison Dukes and LIU-Brooklyn. More than just this preview can be found by logging on to NCAA.com in the upcoming weeks so go check it out and get your fill of the #MarchMadness.
DAYTON, Ohio (AP) James Madison waited 19 years between NCAA appearances.
Leading scorer and rebounder Rayshawn Goins will have to wait 20 minutes longer.
Goins was suspended by Dukes coach Matt Brady for the first half of the Dukes’ First Four game on Wednesday night against LIU Brooklyn after his arrest over the weekend on charges of disorderly conduct and obstructing justice.
“It’s just a blip on the radar screen,” coach Matt Brady said of Goins’ troubles. “We’re not going to let it impact our team, our performance, certainly our mindset.”
Supporting that theory, the Dukes were 1-0 this season without Goins in the starting lineup.
All 68 teams in the NCAA tournament have persevered through injuries, suspensions, departures and other problems. But LIU Brooklyn’s players aren’t so sure that Goins’ absence might not be different.
“Them not having him in the first half very well could be a problem for them,” LIU Brooklyn guard C.J. Garner said. “But I’m not sure about that. We’re going to go out there and play hard and just see how things go.”
Even the Dukes recognize that the Goins situation makes things more difficult for a team that has no NCAA experience.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
- Dawkins, Smart Recognized On NABC Give Back Team
- 2017-18 CAA Men's Basketball Final Report
- Bailey, Gustys Honored On Scholar-Athlete Team
- W&M's Burchfield Captures 3-Point Championship
- Gustys Chosen To Play In College All-Star Game
- Burchfield To Compete In 3-Point Championship
- CAA Team Set For 3X3U National Championship
- Wright-Foreman Named ECAC Player Of The Year
- Coen Named NABC District 10 Coach of the Year
- Charleston Falls 62-58 To Auburn In NCAA Tourney