Jul 11, 2013, 9:20 PM EST
Delaware and Hofstra have announced their non-conference schedules for the 2013-14 season. Both teams will face a number of challenging games as they prepare for CAA play.
Ten of the Blue Hens’ 15 games will be against teams that participated in postseason play a year ago. Highlighting the slate are road contests at Villanova (Nov. 22), Notre Dame (Dec. 7) and Ohio State (Dec. 18). Delaware will host defending Big South regular-season champ Charleston Southern (Nov. 10) and tournament champ Liberty (Jan. 1), as well as Northeast Conference regular-season champ Robert Morris (Nov. 30).
Among the returnees for the Blue Hens are first-team All-CAA guard Devon Saddler, who led the league in scoring with 19.9 ppg, and junior guard Jarvis Threatt, who contributed 13.0 ppg and made the All-CAA third team.
In its first season under coach Joe Mihalich, Hofstra will have seven of its 15 non-conference games at home. Topping the schedule is a trip to defending national champion Louisville on November 12 as part of the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament. The Pride will also visit Richmond (Nov. 19) and meet Hartford (Nov. 23) and either Belmont or Holy Cross (Nov. 24) in the event.
Hofstra opens its season with back-to-back home games against Monmouth and Fairleigh Dickinson, and later welcomes George Washington (Dec. 28) to the Mack Sports Complex. Other road tests include SMU on Dec. 7 and Tulane on Jan. 2.
Topping the list of returnees for the Pride are forwards Stephen Nwaukoni (6.8 ppg/7.9 rpg) and Moussa Kone (6.5 ppg/4.4 rpg) and sophomore guard Jordan Allen (5.0 ppg).
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Men's Basketball Weekly Honors - Nov. 13
- Opening Weekend For CAA Men's Basketball
- Plenty Of Options To Watch CAA Men's Basketball
- Hofstra's Gustys Named To Karl Malone Watch List
- CAA Men's Basketball Media Day Teleconference
- CofC Favored To Win CAA Men's Basketball Title
- Watch Men's Basketball Media Day Show
- #CAAHoops Digital Media Days Set For Oct. 18-19
- Elon Releases Non-Conference Schedule
- Northeastern Releases Non-Conference Schedule