Jul 18, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
A select group of CAA basketball players were recently honored by the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) for off the court success in the classroom.
In order to be named to the Honors Court, an athlete must be academically a junior or senior, have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 or higher at the conclusion of the 2012-13 academic year, and have matriculated at least one year at their current institution.
William and Mary led all of Division I men’s basketball with seven selections. Among those chosen were recent graduates Brett Goodloe, Doug Howard and Andrew Pavloff, while juniors Kyle Gaillard, Fred Heldring, Tim Rusthoven and Ben Whitlatch were also honored.
Gaillard and Rusthoven were both first-team All-Academic selections this past season, with Gaillard also earning league’s Scholar-Athlete of the Year for men’s hoops.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Nine Named to NABC Honors Court
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Hofstra at Drexel
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 James Madison at William & Mary
- Elon, WM Earn NABC Team Academic Honors
- CAA, CBS Sign Multi-Year MBB Championship Deal
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Towson vs CofC
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 UNCW at Northeastern
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Drexel at Delaware
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 UNCW vs William & Mary
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Northeastern at CofC