Jul 31, 2013, 10:39 AM EDT
Towson men’s basketball rising senior Jerrelle Benimon, the 2012-13 CAA Player of the Year and honorable mention AP All-America selection, has been chosen to participate in upcoming 2013 adidas Nations Basketball Experience, the school announced on Tuesday.
Benimon, who will be among 30 student-athletes participating as counselors at the event held in Orange County, Calif, from Aug. 1-5 at Next Level Sports, averaged 17.1 points, and 11. 2 rebounds per game last season for the Tigers. He ranked second in NCAA men’s basketball with 20 double-doubles, set a new school rebounding record with 346 boards and started all of his team’s 31 games during his junior campaign.
The 6-foot-8, 245-pounder and other adidas Nations participants will guide some of the nation’s top high school prospects versus teams from Australia, Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America. Benimon will also compete versus the other college players in interactive scrimmages.
The adidas Nations Experience is set to help Benimon and the other collegians with on-court coaching and training, as well as understand off the court aspects nutrition, leadership, discipline, philanthropy and global interactions.
Sixteen players who were chosen in the 2013 NBA Draft participated in the adidas Nations Experience. Last year’s list of college counselors can be found here.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
- Dawkins, Smart Recognized On NABC Give Back Team
- 2017-18 CAA Men's Basketball Final Report
- Bailey, Gustys Honored On Scholar-Athlete Team
- W&M's Burchfield Captures 3-Point Championship
- Gustys Chosen To Play In College All-Star Game
- Burchfield To Compete In 3-Point Championship
- CAA Team Set For 3X3U National Championship
- Wright-Foreman Named ECAC Player Of The Year
- Coen Named NABC District 10 Coach of the Year
- Charleston Falls 62-58 To Auburn In NCAA Tourney