Aug 5, 2013, 10:32 AM EDT
University of Delaware men’s basketball rising senior Devon Saddler was recently invited with a select group of players from across the country to attend the Chris Paul (CP3) Elite Guard Camp held from Aug. 9-11, in Winston-Salem, N.C.
The prestigious camp, which uses an invitation-only process, is held for the top collegiate and high school point guards in the state of North Carolina and across the country. Paul, who is from Winston-Salem, will share his experience and guide the players while bringing with him an elite group of instructors to the camp.
Saddler started all 33 games for the Blue Hens last season en route to earning first-team All-CAA honors. He led the league in scoring, averaging 19.9 points per contest — good for 18th in NCAA Division I basketball. He also pulled down 4.5 rebounds per game.
A native of Aberdeen, Md., Saddler has been a reliable starter for UD, suiting up in 96 consecutive games, a mark that sits atop school history. He enters his senior season ranking third on the school’s all-time scoring list with 1,670 points and is second among returning players in Division I behind Creighton All-American Doug McDermott.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
- CAA Men's Basketball Championship Moving To Washington DC In 2020
- #CAAHoops Summer School - Delaware Men
- #CAAHoops Summer School - Charleston Men
- Dawkins, Smart Recognized On NABC Give Back Team
- 2017-18 CAA Men's Basketball Final Report
- Bailey, Gustys Honored On Scholar-Athlete Team
- W&M's Burchfield Captures 3-Point Championship
- Gustys Chosen To Play In College All-Star Game
- Burchfield To Compete In 3-Point Championship
- CAA Team Set For 3X3U National Championship