Sep 18, 2013, 2:52 PM EDT
The Drexel men’s basketball team will take part in the 2013 NIT Season Tip-Off, the NIT selection committee announced earlier this afternoon. Drexel, which will be seeded eighth in the event, will take on future CAA member Elon at the Rutgers Athletic Center in Piscataway, N.J. at 5:00 p.m. on November 18 in its first round game.
With a win in that game, the Dragons would need to defeat the winner of Rutgers and Canisius for the North Region championship and a berth in the semifinals, which will be held at Madison Square Garden. The semifinals will be November 27 and the championship game will take place on November 29.
“Year after year, the NIT Season Tip-Off proves to be a showcase for outstanding teams, and this year is no different,” said NIT selection committee chairman C.M. Newton. “We won’t be surprised at all to see these teams competing deep in the NCAA Championship come March.”
In addition to the Dragons, this year’s field is headlined by top-seeded Arizona, No. 2 seed Duke, No. 3 seed Alabama and fourth-seeded Rutgers. Rhode Island, Elon, East Carolina and Drexel round out the top eight seeded teams.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Hofstra's Gustys Named To Karl Malone Watch List
- CAA Men's Basketball Media Day Teleconference
- CofC Favored To Win CAA Men's Basketball Title
- Watch Men's Basketball Media Day Show
- #CAAHoops Digital Media Days Set For Oct. 18-19
- Elon Releases Non-Conference Schedule
- Northeastern Releases Non-Conference Schedule
- W&M Announces Non-Conference Schedule
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Charleston vs UNCW
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Elon at Delaware