Dec 6, 2013, 9:21 AM EDT
BOSTON — Northeastern University men’s basketball student-athlete Quincy Ford underwent successful back surgery today at New England Baptist Hospital. The surgery — lumbar microdisectomy — was performed by the medical staff at New England Baptist and Ford remains under the care of Dr. Gian Corrado, head team physician at Northeastern.
Ford, who had been experiencing soreness, played two games this season before being sidelined by the injury. The 6-8 forward earned All-CAA third team honors a season ago after helping the Huskies capture the CAA regular-season championship. He was named to the Preseason All-CAA second team this year. Ford has played in 66 games, earning 54 starts, averaging 11.8 points and 5.3 rebounds per game over his Northeastern career.
Ford will seek a medical redshirt and is expected to return for the 2014-15 season with two years of remaining eligibility.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
- Dawkins, Smart Recognized On NABC Give Back Team
- 2017-18 CAA Men's Basketball Final Report
- Bailey, Gustys Honored On Scholar-Athlete Team
- W&M's Burchfield Captures 3-Point Championship
- Gustys Chosen To Play In College All-Star Game
- Burchfield To Compete In 3-Point Championship
- CAA Team Set For 3X3U National Championship
- Wright-Foreman Named ECAC Player Of The Year
- Coen Named NABC District 10 Coach of the Year
- Charleston Falls 62-58 To Auburn In NCAA Tourney