Dec 6, 2013, 9:21 AM EDT
BOSTON — Northeastern University men’s basketball student-athlete Quincy Ford underwent successful back surgery today at New England Baptist Hospital. The surgery — lumbar microdisectomy — was performed by the medical staff at New England Baptist and Ford remains under the care of Dr. Gian Corrado, head team physician at Northeastern.
Ford, who had been experiencing soreness, played two games this season before being sidelined by the injury. The 6-8 forward earned All-CAA third team honors a season ago after helping the Huskies capture the CAA regular-season championship. He was named to the Preseason All-CAA second team this year. Ford has played in 66 games, earning 54 starts, averaging 11.8 points and 5.3 rebounds per game over his Northeastern career.
Ford will seek a medical redshirt and is expected to return for the 2014-15 season with two years of remaining eligibility.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Elon at William & Mary
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Delaware at James Madison
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 W&M at Towson
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 UNCW at Charleston
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Northeastern at Elon
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 W&M at Hofstra
- #CAAHoops Summer Showcase
- 2016-17 Men's Basketball Final Report
- Murphy Named Associate Commissioner For MBB
- CofC's Grant Signs New Five-Year Contract