Dec 6, 2013, 9:21 AM EDT
BOSTON — Northeastern University men’s basketball student-athlete Quincy Ford underwent successful back surgery today at New England Baptist Hospital. The surgery — lumbar microdisectomy — was performed by the medical staff at New England Baptist and Ford remains under the care of Dr. Gian Corrado, head team physician at Northeastern.
Ford, who had been experiencing soreness, played two games this season before being sidelined by the injury. The 6-8 forward earned All-CAA third team honors a season ago after helping the Huskies capture the CAA regular-season championship. He was named to the Preseason All-CAA second team this year. Ford has played in 66 games, earning 54 starts, averaging 11.8 points and 5.3 rebounds per game over his Northeastern career.
Ford will seek a medical redshirt and is expected to return for the 2014-15 season with two years of remaining eligibility.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Nine Named to NABC Honors Court
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Hofstra at Drexel
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 James Madison at William & Mary
- Elon, WM Earn NABC Team Academic Honors
- CAA, CBS Sign Multi-Year MBB Championship Deal
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Towson vs CofC
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 UNCW at Northeastern
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Drexel at Delaware
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 UNCW vs William & Mary
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Northeastern at CofC