Jan 10, 2014, 4:12 PM EST
The first full Saturday of conference play is ahead in CAA men’s basketball with four games on the slate.
Two games will be televised on Saturday on the Comcast family of networks. At 2 p.m., defending CAA regular-season champion Northeastern heads to the DAC to face Drexel. The Huskies have won 11 of their last 13 games in the month of January and are coming off a 79-68 overtime victory against UNCW on Wednesday. The Dragons, who are 3-1 at home this season, will try to bounce back from an 85-73 loss at William & Mary. At 4 p.m. , Delaware visits James Madison. The Blue Hens are on a three-game winning streak after rallying past Hofstra 86-79 on Wednesday. It was the 10th time this season they’ve reached 80 points. The Dukes had their three-game winning streak snapped on Tuesday after falling 75-61 at the College of Charleston. It will be just the third home game of the season for JMU.
Also on Saturday’s slate, preseason favorite Towson opens CAA play against UNCW. The Tigers have won 12 consecutive home games and are 8-0 this season at SECU Arena. The Seahawks will try to end a six-game skid after dropping a tough overtime decision at Northeastern. Hofstra entertains College of Charleston at 4 p.m. The Cougars topped JMU in their inaugural CAA contest and have won four in a row. The Pride fell at Delaware in their opening CAA contest, but three of their four victories this season have come at home.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Jersey Mike's Subs Sponsors CAA MBB Championship
- Men's #CAAHoops Recap - Feb. 22
- Rowley, Seibring Named Academic All-District
- Men's #CAAHoops Weekly - Feb. 21
- Palmetto Exterminators Presents Free Hoops For Kids Program
- Men's Basketball Coaches Teleconference - Feb. 20
- Men's Basketball Weekly Honors - Feb. 19
- Men's #CAAHoops Recap - Feb. 17
- Men's #CAAHoops Recap - Feb. 15
- Men's #CAAHoops Weekly - Feb. 14