Mar 25, 2014, 11:12 AM EDT
Record-setting senior forward Jerrelle Benimon of the Towson men’s basketball team has been selected to compete in the 2014 Reese’s College All-Star Game on April 4 in Dallas.
The game, run in conjunction with the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC), will begin at 4:30 p.m. at AT&T Stadium in Dallas, site of the 2014 Final Four. The contest will take place on the Friday of the Final Four weekend in an East vs. West format. Admission to the game is free.
Benimon is the first Tiger to compete in the all-star game, now in its sixth year of existence.
An NABC All-District 10 first-team honoree, Benimon was also named the CAA Player of the Year for the second straight season in 2013-14. The senior has guided Towson to a Division I school record 25 wins this season and a berth in the quarterfinals of the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament.
Benimon leads Towson in scoring (18.7 ppg), rebounding (11.3 rpg) and assists (3.7 apg). His rebounding average ranks second in the NCAA and he is third in the country with 21 double-doubles. Benimon’s 395 rebounds is just one shy of breaking Dan Roberts’ school record set in 1968-69. The forward only trails Navy’s David Robinson for the most rebounds in a season in CAA history.
The Reese’s College All-Star Game consists of 20 of the top senior college basketball players in the country who have exhausted their eligibility. It is one of the most significant events held as part of the Final Four weekend.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Northeastern Releases Non-Conference Schedule
- W&M Announces Non-Conference Schedule
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Charleston vs UNCW
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Elon at Delaware
- CAA Announces MBB Conference Schedule
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 William & Mary at James Madison
- JMU Announces Non-Conference Slate
- Towson Unveils Non-Conference Schedule
- Delaware Releases Non-Conference MBB Slate
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Drexel at Towson