Apr 22, 2014, 1:59 PM EDT
Hofstra graduate forward Zeke Upshaw was named to the All-Met Third Team, it was announced by the Met Basketball Writers Association.
Prior to this award, Upshaw has also been named to the All-CAA and National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) Division I All-District 10 second teams.
Upshaw had an outstanding season for Hofstra as he led the Pride and the CAA with 19.8 points per game. Upshaw’s influence was felt in several areas as he started all 33 games this season, averaging a team-best 36.5 minutes per game. In addition he drained 91 three-pointers, which is tied for the second-most in a single season in program history.
Upshaw also averaged 4.2 rebounds per contest and compiled 61 assists, 25 steals and seven blocks in 2013-14. His 655 points this season are the 10th most in a single season in Hofstra history.
Upshaw transferred to Hofstra after playing three seasons at Illinois State. During his career with the Redbirds he played in 62 games and scored a total of 100 points. His scoring increase from 2012-13 to 2013-14 led the entire nation.
This season, Upshaw had 17 games of 20 or more points, eight games of 25 or more points and three games of 30 or more points. He poured in a career-best 37 points at Richmond on November 19.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Nine Named to NABC Honors Court
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Hofstra at Drexel
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 James Madison at William & Mary
- Elon, WM Earn NABC Team Academic Honors
- CAA, CBS Sign Multi-Year MBB Championship Deal
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Towson vs CofC
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 UNCW at Northeastern
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Drexel at Delaware
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 UNCW vs William & Mary
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Northeastern at CofC