Nov 11, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
We continue our Ten Teams in Ten Days preview series with Northeastern. Be sure to check back every weekday at 11 a.m. for the latest preview.
Who’s Back: Preseason All-CAA First Team forward Scott Eatherton (Sr., 6-8, 15.9 ppg/10.2 rpg); Preseason All-CAA Second Team forward Quincy Ford (Jr., 6-8, medical redshirt in 2013-14); Guard David Walker (Jr., 6-6, 11.5 ppg/3.1 rpg); Forward Reggie Spencer (Sr., 6-7, 9.2 ppg/6.6 rpg); Guard T.J. Williams (So., 6-3, 6.9 ppg/2.3 rpg)
Who’s Gone: Guard Demetrius Pollard (8.9 ppg, 1.8 rpg)
Who’s New: Guard Devon Begley (Fr., 6-4)
Where They’re Picked: First
Huskies in a Nutshell: Northeastern is primed for a run to the top of the CAA standings as the Huskies welcome four starters and their top reserve from a year ago. The Huskies also regain the services of junior forward Quincy Ford, who averaged 12.2 ppg and earned third-team All-CAA honors in 2012-13, but red-shirted last season following back surgery. With one of the top post players in 2014 CAA Defensive Player of the Year Scott Eatherton, the Huskies are a very tough team down low.
Coach Coen Fun Fact: He was a software engineer before he became a coach. Get to know more about Coach Coen by watching his exclusive 1-on-1 interview with Blaine Taylor.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Charleston Falls 62-58 To Auburn In NCAA Tourney
- Men's #CAAHoops Weekly - NCAA Tourney Preview
- Ten CAA Players Named To NABC All-District Team
- Seibring Earns Academic All-America Honors
- Charleston Draws Auburn In NCAA First Round
- A look back at Charleston's Run In #CAAChamps
- Men's #CAAHoops Weekly - Championship Recap
- Charleston Captures First CAA Championship
- Men's #CAAHoops Weekly - Championship Preview
- Strong Defensive Effort Sends NU Into Title Game