Jul 21, 2015, 10:13 AM EDT
Hempstead, NY – Hofstra Men’s Basketball Coach Joe Mihalich has been named a Man of the Year by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Long Island. The awards were announced July 15 at the organization’s Gala Kickoff Cocktail Party at the Crest Hollow Country Club. Coach Mihalich will be honored at the BBBSLI Presidential Gala in October.
“It is a great honor to be selected as a Man of the Year by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Long Island,” said Mihalich. “The organization does wonderful things for children, and I am proud to be associated with them and help further their mission. I congratulate the other award winners and look forward to the Presidential Gala in October.”
Mihalich joins fellow Man of the Year honoree Joseph G. Hoenigmann and Woman of the Year recipient Felicia A. Wilson. Hoenigmann is the co-founder of Certified public accounting firm of Cohen, Hoenigmann and Badolato, while Wilson is vice president at The Judicial Title Insurance Agency.
In his two years at the helm of the Pride Men’s Basketball program, Coach Mihalich and his team have taken part in a wide variety of community service projects. Just before coming to Hofstra, Mihalich was honored with the 2014 Skip Prosser Man of the Year Award, which is presented annually to a Division I men’s basketball coach who exhibits strong moral character.
The 17th Annual Big Brothers Big Sisters of Long Island Presidential Gala takes place October 1, 2015, at the Crest Hollow Country Club.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
- Dawkins, Smart Recognized On NABC Give Back Team
- 2017-18 CAA Men's Basketball Final Report
- Bailey, Gustys Honored On Scholar-Athlete Team
- W&M's Burchfield Captures 3-Point Championship
- Gustys Chosen To Play In College All-Star Game
- Burchfield To Compete In 3-Point Championship
- CAA Team Set For 3X3U National Championship
- Wright-Foreman Named ECAC Player Of The Year
- Coen Named NABC District 10 Coach of the Year
- Charleston Falls 62-58 To Auburn In NCAA Tourney