Jul 21, 2015, 10:18 AM EDT
WILMINGTON, North Carolina – UNCW Director of Athletics Jimmy Bass has rewarded men’s basketball coach Kevin Keatts with a contract extension following a successful season on the hardwood.
Keatts, who is entering the second of a five-year deal with the men’s basketball team in 2015-16, will have an extra year added to his contract. He led the Seahawks to an 18-13 overall record last year, including a share of the Colonial Athletic Association regular season title and the program’s first post-season berth in eight seasons. It was one of the top turnaround seasons in the NCAA Division I ranks in 2013-14.
Keatts was selected as the CAA men’s basketball Coach of the Year and the NABC District 10 Coach of the Year in 2014-15.
The extension pushes Keatts’ contract through March 31, 2020.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- JMU, UNCW Each Receive Immediate Eligibility Waiver News in Men's Basketball
- CAA "On The Line:" Lakers Forward Devontae Cacok
- Eight Men's Basketball Players Named to NABC Honors Court
- 2019-20 CAA Men's Basketball Signing Central
- Former CAA Standouts Brantley, Cacok Collect NBA G League Accolades
- CAA Classics - 1994 CAA Men's Basketball Championship - James Madison vs. Old Dominion
- CAA Classics - Northeastern at William & Mary (Jan. 30, 2020)
- CAA Classics - 2018-19 CAA Men's Basketball: Hofstra at William & Mary
- CAA Classics - 2019 Men's Basketball Championship - Northeastern vs. Hofstra
- CAA Ranked Third Among Division I Conferences In Latest APR Ratings