Aug 6, 2015, 10:40 AM EST
TOWSON, Md. – The Towson men’s basketball team will open the Gildan Charleston Classic against Oklahoma State Nov. 19 at 2 p.m. at the TD Arena in Charleston, South Carolina, it was announced Thursday. The game will be aired on ESPN3.
The Tigers side of the bracket also features Ole Miss and George Mason, with either being possible second-round opponents.
“We are very excited to be a part of the Charleston Classic and play a top caliber team like Oklahoma State on national television,” said head coach Pat Skerry. “Coach (Travis) Ford is one of the premiere coaches in college basketball and he will have his team very well prepared. Any time you can play a strong team in the non-conference schedule, it will only prepare you better for the tough CAA schedule.”
The Cowboys finished the 2014-15 season with a record of 18-14, including an 8-10 mark in the Big 12. OSU will be led by senior guard Phil Forte III, who averaged 15.0 points per game a season ago.
The Tigers and Cowboys will be meeting for the first time on the hardwood. Towson is currently 1-7 all-time against current members of the Big 12 Conference. The Tigers have faced Kansas (0-3), Oklahoma (0-2) and West Virginia (1-2).
For more information about the Gildan Charleston Classic, visit the official website at www.CharlestonClassic.com.
About CAA Hoop Scoop
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Men's #CAAHoops Recap - Jan. 18
- Men's #CAAHoops Weekly - Jan. 17
- #CAAHoops Featured: JMU's Stuckey Mosley
- Men's Basketball Coaches Teleconference - Jan. 16
- Men's Basketball Weekly Honors - Jan. 15
- Men's #CAAHoops Recap - Jan. 13
- Men's Basketball Tournament Tickets On Sale
- Men's #CAAHoops Recap - Jan. 11
- Men's #CAAHoops Weekly - Jan. 10
- Men's Basketball Coaches Teleconference - Jan. 9